Perform a search
We recommend logging into your library account prior to starting a search.
- Type your search term in the search box (e.g. title, subject, or author.)
- Select a library or collection from the drop down menu. (If you are unsure leave the default to All Libraries.)
- Select a field from the drop down menu. (If you are unsure leave the default to All Fields.)
- Click the search magnifying glass to start your search.
Understanding your search results at a glance will help you find items that are important to you.
- Title – The title of an item related to your search term.
- By – The items author, illustrator, director, etc.
- Item information – See the item format, edition, publication date, and more if available.
- Holds & copies – See if any holds are placed on the item and how many copies exist at all SWAN libraries.
- Copy status – See if your home library or another SWAN library owns the item.
View more information about the item and the copies available.
- Select a title in your search results.
- Detailed display – See additional information in the item’s record.
- Copies – See which library owns the item, the call number, item location, material type, and the item status.
- Summary – An overview of the items description(if available.)
- Read-alikes and more – See recommendations, reviews, and other related content you might be interested in (if available.)